Date: 09 October 2023
Job title: Website Management and Social Media Intern
Website Management and Social Media Intern Job Description
In this role, you will develop a content publishing strategy and schedule for the SAIDS social media channels. You will collaborate with the Education Unit to assist you with writing of content and its factual accuracy. The intern will upload content to the different channels as per the agreed upon schedule. Success in this role will be demonstrated by generating relevant and engaging social media posts to expand brand awareness and internet traffic while mainitaing and sustaining the website online presence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Track key metrics such as audience engagement, impressions, reach, referrals, and conversions on all SAIDS social media platforms ( FaceBook, Instagram, Podcast, LinkeIn, X, TikTok and YouTube).
- Implementing strategies to sustain audience engagement,
- Schedule social media post release dates and monitor relevant comments,
- Creates infographics and other appealing visuals for social media platforms,
- Maintains awareness with the latest social media platform developments,
- Website management ( posts information created by SAIDS),
- WordPress management,
- Information plug-ins,
- Maintaining website with accurate and current content.
- Social media qualification/experience will be an advantage.
- A good understanding of the national and international sports environment and calendar.
- Experience in using social media management software solutions.
- Working knowledge with editing tools.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking around social media engagement.
- Be able to work remotely, with minimal supervision. One/two days a week in the office, when required.
- Must have your own devices – computer, software, reliable internet access etc.
- Avaliable to start on the 1st November 2023.
A CV, must be accompanied by a copy of your Identity Document, related qualification to website management and social media. A portfolio of work (electronic copy) is highly recommended as part of your application.
Application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the your name and references.
Subject to be “Website Management and Social Media Intern”, no later than the closing date.
Monthly stipend of R6000 (not taxable)
Closing date: 20 October 2023 – 16h00
Length of interniship:
4 months contract
Duration: 1 November 2023- 29 March 2024
Contract has the possibility of being renewed.
Enquiries: Miss Bathabile Sewe – email@example.com 060 886 0551