The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS), an independent, public entity in sport, is recruiting an Anti-Doping Education Manager. The Education Manager heads the anti-doping education unit and manages a national team of 20 part-time Educators.
The Education Manager is a key member of the management team with responsibilities that include but not limited to:
- Conceptualising and developing values-based educational content for promotional materials and anti-doping curriculum in compliance with the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) International Standard for Education.
- Delivering online teaching opportunities for target audiences.
- Identifying educational opportunities in the national sports calendar for education officers to meet operational plan targets.
- Fostering and building stakeholder relationships within the sports infrastructure to advance drug-free sport values.
- Day-to-day planning, implementing and managing of anti-doping outreach projects, specific to school sports events.
- Delivering anti-doping workshops/seminars to schools, provincial sports federations, elite athletes, sports academies and other interested sports entities.
- Delivering anti-doping seminars and outreach programmes in partnership with Regional Anti-Doping Organisations in Africa.
- Manage and control all assets an inventory of the education unit.
- Administering approved expenditure against budget amounts.
- Understanding the sports academic landscape in order to identify academic and market research opportunities that are relevant to the strategic objectives of the agency.
- High level of computer and internet (Website/social media) proficiency
- Financial management (budget oversight and expenditure tracking)
- Expert level knowledge on anti-doping and sports infrastructure in South Africa
- A Bachelors degree in Education/Sport Management/Public Health
- A post-graduate qualification in education will be an advantage.
- 10 years professional experience in a senior management position.
The remuneration package is based on a performance-based contract with a starting package inclusive of salary and benefits (health insurance and retirement annuity) of R588 000 per annum. SAIDS employee perks include: life insurance and funeral policy, work-at-home allowance, staff shuttle and gym membership.
SAIDS offices are based in Newlands, Cape Town, at the Sports Science Institute of South Africa.
Prospective candidates should email a cover letter and a CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the ref: Ed Manager, in the subject line, by 21 August 2022. References and verification of qualifications will only be requested from candidates who make the final short-list. If you do not receive a reply from the SAIDS within two weeks following the closing deadline, you can assume your application was unsuccessful.
To learn more about SAIDS, please click on www.drugfreesport.org.za.